NAAMII successfully completed 3 months of internship program, where we selected 40 students and engineers from a large number of applications. These selected participants were taught courses on Mathematics for ML (Probability & Statistics + Linear Algebra), Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing for three months with weekly lectures. Few selected interns were further given research project assignments and continued for 3 more months. Highly motivated individuals interested in doing research joined our internship program. We believe that it provided an excellent opportunity to develop research skills and learn from experts around the world.
Application Deadline: April 3, 2020
We are seeking interns to work on the following research projects:
- Tools for processing languages of Nepal
- Personalised Virtual Character Interfaces
- Conversational Dialogue systems
- Unsupervised and minimally supervised machine translation for Nepali and other low resource languages
- Text to knowledge graph and vice versa
- Morphological analysis of languages of Nepal
- Modelling chemical reactions using deep learning
- Image reconstruction from fibre optic imaging
- Unified learning from visual scene graphs and Natural Language generated Knowledge graphs
- Semi-supervised learning in medical Ultrasound (US) images
- 3D reconstruction from biplanar X-ray images
- Automated measurement of Lacunar Infarction in brain MRI
- Lung X-ray Analysis
- Optic nerve sheath diameter estimation
- Histopathological image analysis for breast cancer prediction
- Smartphone based automated detection of (oo)cysts
- Indoor Recognition/Navigation with Turtlebot3
- Image Retrieval for Localization
- Dimensionality and linearity of representation in the brain
- Nepali Dialogue Corpus
Further details for each project is available in this document.
- At least an undergraduate degree in the relevant field
- Or alternatively, demonstrated experience in doing AI projects.
Duration and work hours:
- The internship is available full-time only. All interns are expected work full-time within Naamii. The internship cannot be taken along with another job.
Students who have not completed all their examinations and thesis work are not eligible.
- Students who have completed all AI related courses can apply. [Added March 11, 2020]
- The maximum duration of the internship is 6 months subject to satisfactory progress at the end of 2 month period.
- Interns who make excellent progress will be eligible for Naamii junior researcher positions.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply by filling the form available from this link.