Research Assistant for AI Ethics Survey in Nepal [Closed]
Please prepare a detailed CV and cover letter as a single pdf and upload it in this application form: https://bit.ly/research_assistant_application
Your cover letter should address the following:
- What does AI Ethics mean to you?
- Why are you interested in the project?
- What are your relevant skill-sets for the position?
If you have any queries regarding the position, please email at email@example.com (only after reading in detail the following).
30 Nov, 2020 (Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis before the deadline)
We are looking for a Research Assistant (paid position) for a qualitative research project in the area of AI ethics in Nepal. The position is a full-time position for 3 months (or the duration of the project). This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a technological background interested in humanities/social science research. Or a candidate with social science research experience interested in technology policy.
Students and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. More details about the project here: https://bit.ly/AIEthics_Naamii
- Read research papers to understand ethical concerns surrounding AI, summarize findings, and communicate them.
- Disseminate and promote online surveys among engineering students, engineering practitioners, and policymakers. Follow-up as necessary.
- Conduct data analysis of survey findings and communicate results through publications in national and international venues.
- Support organization and facilitation of Focus Group events.
- Support organization of a workshop.
- A keen interest in interdisciplinary research merging technology and humanities disciplines.
- Data analysis experience.
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, and honest. Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Knowledge of python and/or data analysis software.
- Knowledge of web design will be an additional advantage.
- Interdisciplinary research experience merging technology and policy is a plus.
- Previous experience running Focus Group events is a plus.
- Familiarity with cutting-edge AI research and ethical debates. Or a keen interest in learning about them.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
NRs 25,000 – 35,000 per month (based on the experiences and qualifications)