Research Assistant in Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Videos [Closed]
- Post by: Naamii
- October 22, 2020
- Comments off
Please prepare a detailed CV and cover letter as a single pdf and upload it in this application form: link.
If you have any queries regarding the position, please email at email@example.com (only after reading in detail the following).
6 Nov, 2020
We are looking for a Research Assistant/ Associate (paid position) for a product driven research project in the area of computer vision, machine learning and deep learning. The position requires performing cutting-edge research in computer vision spanning video compression, video stabilization, efficient inference in deep networks, model compression, and neural architecture search. The specific problem will be decided in consultation with the selected candidate, possibly after the candidate starts with us, and completes an exploratory literature survey. The project is expected to yield high quality research publications at top CV/ML conferences/journals such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV along with proof of concept implementations which can be utilized in production environments with minimal engineering efforts. The candidate will work with recognized researchers and industry experts having a track record of top quality publications.
Required skill set
- Fluency in Python, scikit-learn, numpy etc..
- Fluent in one or more of the popular deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, CNTK, Caffe.
- Knowledge of popular deep learning network architectures and components.
- Good performance in relevant courses such as linear algebra, computer vision, machine learning, image processing and statistics
- Highly self motivated, hardworking and honest.
- Good proficiency in English communication, both oral and written
- Knowledge of shell scripting, Java and/or C++ is a plus.
- Experience in contributing to open source projects and/or availability of usable code on github/public repository is a plus
- The ability and willingness to work in remote teams in order to conduct cutting-edge research and develop reusable code.
- Read research papers to understand context, discuss with the research team and identify novel problems in the broad areas of video compression, video stabilization, efficient inference in deep networks, model compression, and neural architecture search
- Develop, test and validate novel architectures and algorithms
- Apply your validated methods to large scale research and real life industrial applications.
- Develop prototypes quickly and write basic back-end code to turn them into demonstrable applications.
- Communicate your research results to the larger communities through publications in international conferences and journals
- Work with great deal of independence in achieving research goals
Minimum Required Qualifications
Bachelor in Engineering (Computer, Electronics or related)
NRs 30,000 – 40,000 per month (based on the experiences and qualifications)