Researcher for Large Language Models and ChatGPT [ CLOSED ]
NAAMII is starting a research project to assess the ability, gaps, and risks of existing ChatGPT and similar open source Large Language Models (LLMs) in providing reliable response to Sexual Reproductive and Maternal Health (SRMH) topics when chatting in Nepali. We want to identify challenges and issues in leveraging AI’s recent advances in English language to a local context in the Nepali language with the goal of making AI more inclusive and valuable. A multidisciplinary team involving AI scientists, domain experts, and community engagement experts from different organizations are working together to build next generation of Nepali language chatbot.
The LLM Researcher will have following core responsibilities.
- Experiment with LLMs and ChatGPT in Nepali Romanized and Devanagari scripts on SRMH related queries.
- Identify most efficient and effective opensource available LLMs and investigate resource requirements
- Identify key issues in building customized chatbot based on LLM for Nepali language
- Explore efficient ways to minimize risks, evaluate chatbot performance, and ways to condition the LLMs on custom knowledge base.
- Collaborate with other team members to design and implement effective conversational AI systems and do experimental studies based on these bots.
- Work together with chatbot engineers in facilitating platform development, and build APIs of custom chatbot that can be used by engineers to build platforms.
- Research and stay up-to-date on the latest developments in conversational AI, ML, DL, and NLP, and apply this knowledge to the chatbots.
- Work closely with the product and software development teams to ensure that the chatbots are integrated seamlessly into the overall product offering.
- Help troubleshoot and debug any issues that arise with the chatbots.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science related domains or having equivalent level of professional qualifications/experience.
- Strong understanding and experience in machine learning (ML), deep learning (DL), and natural language processing (NLP) techniques and how they can be applied to create effective chatbots.
- Some experience working with conversational AI systems, including developing and improving chatbots.
- Strong skills in Python, and experience with PyTorch and platforms like Huggingface.
- The ability to work effectively with a team, and to take direction and guidance from more senior team members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- A willingness to learn and grow, and a strong desire to develop expertise in the field of conversational AI.
To apply for this opportunity, please upload the following documents as a single pdf file when filling this application through this https://forms.gle/iq3Cw2zmBukDg3aw8
- Resume/CV highlighting your relevant experience and skills.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the project and how it aligns with your career goals.
- Academic transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further consideration. NAAMII solely reserves the right to select or reject the candidate with or without any reason whatsoever.
Duration: Initially for 3 months and then based upon performance and availability of fund
Minimum number of hours per week required: 40
Application Deadline: Aug 2, 2023